The other day I asked a friend what they felt epitomized the end of summer. The answer went something like this. The end of summer is being at the beach, you have a sweater on and your basking in the gold afternoon light. It’s a bit too cold for being in the water, it’s still warm, but it’s more about chilling than doing.
Well, that sure did make me feel nostalgic for the beach house I would some day like to have, but it didn’t really help me with the blog post that I wanted to write. Then I saw it, a bag from Lunch A La Mode in caramello leather (center) – that is the color of the end of summer.
These bags in warm neutral shades of amber, caramel and cognac, transcend being simply end of summer. They are new classics, you can use any day of the year – but still, if you like, you can imagine that last beach day of the year where you feel relaxed to your core watching the sun go down.
1. Raw edge bag in caramel leather, $125, Jackie Robbins Design
2. Weekender bag in golden cognac leather, $325, Valhalla
3. Picnic bag in caramello leather, Amber Pollard
4. Betty clutch in cognac leather, $59, Lilipad Creations
5. Cognac leather bag with flowers, $115, Josee Lafond